Thursday, December 15, 2011

Module 7 Reflection

I really like this module. It actually contained the same information that I have been learning in class. My major is Radiologic Technology and we just covered a topic on Over the Counter drugs and prescription drugs. Also, I started a new job and we had to learn about medications as part of the training, so its kind of like a review!

I learned about things like group therapy, over the counter medications and AA from the discussion forums. I didn't know that a lot of people don't like group therapy, I would think it would have a lot of positive feedback but by reading the discussions, it doesn't.

I learned from the mini lecture that OTC drugs have a lot of side effects. Also, if you're taking more then one OTC medication you need to compare the active ingredients.

One thing i learned in this session that I can use in the future is the information from the mini lecture. Sometimes I take more then one OTC for headaches or upset stomach, and didn't know you need to compare the active ingredients.

I think overall I have done very well in this course. I liked the fact it was online and I had more then enough time to finish the quizzes, discussions and learning journals. The only thing I think I could improve on is the quizzes. Although overall I did well, I think I could have done better. I needed to read the textbook more carefully and I think that's why I didn't do the best I could have done on the quizzes.

I would give myself very positive feedback for the discussions. Sometimes I lost a few points for not providing a website, but that was just carelessness. I think the times I lost a few points I was rushing and forgot to find a website. The discussions definitely helped me achieve success because reading what other people have to say about the topics help me understand the material better.

No comments:

Post a Comment