Sunday, October 23, 2011

Module 4 Reflection

This was an interesting two chapters. I liked learning about the depressants and stimulants. It seems as we get further into the course, the readings get more interesting. I learned a lot of new things that I haven't learned in past  health classes. Such as effects of drugs, and what they do to your body and mind. Also, when we discussed cocaine in the text it talked about effects on women carrying babies. I think the text should talk about the effects of every drug on women who are pregnant. One bullet from the mini lecture I found interesting was, "Drugs that prevent fat absorption can cause cramping, diarrhea, flatulence, and intestinal discomfort." I've never taken any fat absorbtion drugs, so I didn't know that!


I really liked what everyone had to say in the discussions. I read all of my responses to my question and it was cool to see what everyone thought about the section I chose to talk about!

My participation in the class I thought this Module was very good, I find myself each module spending more and more time to make sure I cover all aspects of the requirements. Reading the text more carefully has also become important to me. I see my discussion grades improving because of this.

One word i didnt know was freebasing. This means the conversion of cocaine into its alkaline form for smoking. I didnt even know there was a term for that! Another word is REM sleep, which is the restive phase of sleep associared with dreaming. I remember learning about this a little in Psychology in one of my semesters. The third word I chose was paradoxial effects which is unexpected effects. I would think this means the unexpected effects of doing drugs. Which is scary to think about!

Looking forward to the next module! Its going by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment